Sustainability – Going Green
Social Responsibility of Businesses
Santa Maria has successfully implemented the following measures to prevent or reduce pollution.
- A member of the Leather Working Group (LWG) as a Gold Rated Tanner.
- An authorised member of IWMA for solid waste management and disposal.
- Effluent Treatment Plant to treat the dye water and reduce the pollution.
- Reverse Osmosis system to reduce the pollutants further and to convert the water for reuse.
- Solar Evaporation pond to achieve zero liquid discharge.
- Our next sustainability Goal is to maintain Gold rating in Leather Working Group & develop more Sustainable leathers.
SOLAR EVAPORATION POND